jueves, 20 de junio de 2013

A Piece of Art

Hello classmates!
Today I’m going to speak about a piece of art. The truth is that I'm not very fanatic of art, so I chose an architect who is an artist for me. His name is Antoni Gaudi and the works that I like the most are the “Casa Milá” and the “Park Güell” both are situated in Barcelona, Spain.
I didn’t know these works and this artist until I went to Barcelona for my school trip. I fell in love immediately when I went there. I like them because they are completely different to a normal arquitectural work, his way of working the materials inspired by the organic forms of nature and the great creative and imaginative ornamental freedom.
I think that Gaudi thinking is very especial and imaginative that’s why I like it, because he does what he really likes without thinking about what think other people.
I hope you have enjoyed this little introduction to this great artist, and if you didn’t know about him you can take a look of his works in Barcelona like the “Sagrada Familia”, because they are amazing. See you at the next one! Bye
File:Park Güell - Viaducto.jpg
Park Güell-Viaducto
 

3 comentarios:

  1. Personally, I don't like Gaudi's architecture very much. But I have to say that his "Casa Batló" is wonderful, because its colours are amazing and it seems a coral reef made house; it's like The Little Mermaid home.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. If i'm not wrong ... Pablo Neruda lived on the "Casa Milá" for a while...

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I'll go to take a closer look to those ones soon! wiii C:

    ResponderEliminar